| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,271 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2012 Posts: 109 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2012 Posts: 109 | I noticed a suction noise in my truck and found that the rubber vacuum line that connects to the wiper motor hanging down. When I hooked it back up to the wiper motor the trucks idle kicked way down. So, I tried adjusting the idle and it wouldn't adjust. Also the wiper motor doesn't turn on when hooked up. Is there a reason why the trucks idle kicks down and won't adjust? Thanks in advance.
MFW | | | | | Joined: Oct 2012 Posts: 109 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2012 Posts: 109 | Sorry I posted in the wrong section. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | There might be two tubes on your wiper motor. You might be attached to the wrong tube? | | | | | Joined: Jan 2013 Posts: 1,384 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2013 Posts: 1,384 | "Kicking way down" means you blocked a vacuum leak by attaching the hose. The hose was probably leaking for quite a while and you compensated on the mixture and idle adjustments over time. You now have to reset the throttle plate screw (fully closed and then 1-1/2 turns open), then adjust the idle mixture (same) and tweak until you have the best idle.
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2012 Posts: 109 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2012 Posts: 109 | I will look again under the dash. I did however try to adjust the idle and as I twisted the screw it didn't do anything. Idle stayed the same.
Matt
Last edited by MFW; 12/26/2015 5:37 AM.
| | |
| |
| |