The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (1955 1 Series, 3800GUY, Shade Baby, TooMany2count, Bluesky54), 131 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,110
Posts1,056,274
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 45
M
Member
Member
M Offline
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 45
The 235 in my 1954 Chevy is smoking and needs new rings and seals. Just wondering if any of the engine guys offers a long or short block in this engine?

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
microbe,

Jim Carter's sells rebuilt 235 short blocks and heads. Since I have never bought one of these, I have no recommendation.

http://oldchevytrucks.biz/p/1955_1966/fullpage.php?page=100&session=1072954

I dimly recall that there is a company in Mass. that also sells rebuilt blocks (and/or will rebuilt yours) - maybe someone else knows the name.

Here is another lead but no prices: http://www.engineexchange.com/chevroletshortblocks.htm

Tim

Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 252
Y
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
Y Offline
Joined: Jul 2003
Posts: 252
I just got an "estimate" from a local (to me) rebuilder. $1,650.00 to do the long block, including the machine work, boring, honing, magnafluxing, etc.

Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 96
S
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 96
Check with Patrick's Antique Car's

http://www.patricksauntiquecars.com

They are very helpful and I think I remember seeing something in their recent catalog about offering rebuilt engines. I think they might even have a variety of stages in the rebuild process in case you might be interested in customizing. Patrick is also just very friendly and if he doesn't have what you need, then I would imagine he will help put you in touch with someone that does. Good luck! smile


Whad you do?!?

Shane
1953 Chevrolet 3600

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0