| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,100 Posts1,056,514 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 629 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2001 Posts: 629 | Has anybody ever used the interior paints that are sold from Jim Carter's? I am in the process of blasting, priming and painting all of the interior parts to my Art Deco and would like to use the paints they carry for the "original colors". I do not have much of any experience with painting other than with a rattle can (lots of experience with that). All the parts are now sitting with a base coat of zero rust on them. Any advise would be great!
Thanks Tim
Tim Sheridan 1947 First Series Chevy 1/2-Ton"Liberty Series" - "Art Deco" - Whatever you'd like to call it. In the Gallery | | | | | Joined: May 2000 Posts: 69 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: May 2000 Posts: 69 | I'm sure someone else will answer as to Art Deco colors. I can only speak to Jim Carter's paint for the Advance Design. I did my 53 3100 two years ago. In these trucks, and I believe back to 47, except for the steering column, shift lever, horn button and steering wheel, the cab interior is all one color: a semi-flat, grayish-brown color with a slight metallic tone. The contrasting color for the steering wheel, etc is a little glossier and slightly different color. Carter's interior paint for 53 is lacquer, as I'm assuming the original was. I've found these colors to be very close (maybe exact match) to that on original trucks I have seen. The paint is high quality (it should be at those prices) and you have to pay extra for shipping HAZMAT. Lacquer is pretty easy and forgiving to work with. Just make sure your interior is properly prepped and you order enough paint. Two quarts didn't cover my entire cab as advertised so I had to order another quart. Luckily, I got one from the same run. Oh, one other thing on lacquer. When replacing the interior trim, it's very easy to chip the paint around the screw holes by overtightening. I read a tip that recommended putting a little piece of scotch tape over the screwhole and surrounding paint before installing the screw. | | | | | Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 40 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Dec 2002 Posts: 40 | Just painted my 50 cab last week, used NAPA acrylic enamel low gloss black and shot it in my driveway with a Devilbis finishline hvlp gun...looks real good, 2 qts was more then enough.  | | |
| |
| |