The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Donf, Gray_Ghost, elhippie64, Wayne67vert), 193 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,093
Posts1,056,154
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 21
K
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
K Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 21
Does anyone make them? Coverted from vac. to electric and mine are "crusty". Were the links different from vac. to elect. in 55 or since I had vac.,could mine be leftover 55 1st. parts ?


1955 2nd Series GMC
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix in Photobucket

Drive 'em and enjoy 'em.... don't haul 'em....
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 21
K
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
K Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 21
Just more info for link issue....I only get @90deg. of sweep with this electric motor and vac. link. I may be able to fix squeaks and wabbles with work ,would like new link set...


1955 2nd Series GMC
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix in Photobucket

Drive 'em and enjoy 'em.... don't haul 'em....
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 362
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Apr 2010
Posts: 362
Ken I converted my 58 GMC to electric and the wiper motor from Jim Carter used the original links from the vacuum motor. Larry


58 gmc 100 with 350 sbc
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 336
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 336
I know if you convert vac to original elec motor on a Chevy, the transmissions (links) are different. Did you use an aftermarket motor or an original one? I think I have an extra set I took off a 59 chevy.

Last edited by Cablesmill; 12/11/2015 8:58 AM.

1959 3100 Apache Fleetside

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0