| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (MaxStewart, dunfire),
129
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,127 Posts1,056,680 Members48,452 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 323 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2005 Posts: 323 | I had no idea the pickup hood and bigger GMC hoods were different. Anyone know which years and models were interchangeable? I need a good one for my 1953 450 series but will probably have to find a whole truck and need to know what to hunt for.
Last edited by tri5trucking; 11/30/2015 3:03 AM.
| | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | Is a 400 series hood same or different than the 300? I'm sure it is different than the pickup trucks. | | | | | Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 4,962 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 4,962 | GMC lists 2 different hoods for 1953. One for 100 through 250 and another for 280 through 470. Fenders came in 3 different sizes. 100 through 250, 280 through 350 and 400 through 470. There aren't near as many 400 survivors as 300 series survivors. The larger hood shouldn't be that hard to find. Shipping can be a problem. They do come apart in the middle and Greyhound will take them. | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | Good to know about the hoods. I knew of the 3 different fenders and why I wondered if more than 2 different hoods.
Grigg | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 323 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2005 Posts: 323 | So I guess I should hunt for the 280-470 models. Is the 200 series 1 1/2 ton? Also are 51-54 years the same?
Last edited by tri5trucking; 11/30/2015 5:06 PM.
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 4,962 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2008 Posts: 4,962 | 250 is a one ton. 280 is a limited production 1 1/4 ton with 20" wheels. 300 is 1 1/2 ton and 350 is 2 ton. 300 and 350 are very common farm trucks. GMC made some changes in 54, but I'm not sure it got into the hood. To be safe, I would look for 48-53. | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 323 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: May 2005 Posts: 323 | | | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 . | | . Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,878 | Please keep buying and selling offers in the swap meet and or use private messages.
Thanks, Grigg | | |
| |
| |