| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,136 Posts1,056,430 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2000 Posts: 3,399 Gas Pumper | | Gas Pumper Joined: Dec 2000 Posts: 3,399 | I am trying to figure out without draining the water out of my engine what the rear drain on our engines is sized. 1/4 NPT or 3/8 NPT. Depending on how I hold my head while staring at the outside of it, I could go either way. Anyone know for sure. I think they are the same for the 216/235/261 engines.
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 29,818 Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer) | | Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer) Joined: Feb 2004 Posts: 29,818 | 1/4" NPT on all of them I've checked. The common sense way to check it is to try a tap in the hole- - - -or ask an engineer. Jerry
"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt! There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2000 Posts: 3,399 Gas Pumper | | Gas Pumper Joined: Dec 2000 Posts: 3,399 | I did!  All of mine are sealed and have water in them. Otherwise I wouldn't have asked. Thanks! | | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 | 1/4" NPT, same as a drain cock in a radiator. dg
Denny G Sandwich, IL
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2000 Posts: 3,399 Gas Pumper | | Gas Pumper Joined: Dec 2000 Posts: 3,399 | That is a good way to remember it! | | |
| |
| |