The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (78buckshot, Simso, Roy Rodgers, Gray_Ghost), 91 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,113
Posts1,056,279
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#113179 08/16/2004 4:31 PM
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 45
B
Junior Member
Junior Member
B Offline
Joined: Aug 2004
Posts: 45
On the right and left side of the cab where the floor meets the front of the cab, is this better to use the 3 bolts and the wood or just weld this together? Thanks in advance.

Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 481
R
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
R Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 481
Hello badriand. Welcome aboard.
The original nuts for those cowl to floor connections were held in place and I don't see that they were ever designed as an adjustment point. Although, I know the height of those blocks will affect the door adjustment.
My original wood blocks were rotted and partially collasped. I replaced them with 1 1/8 inch thick dense rubber blocks shaped as the original wood.
That connection could be welded. It's probably only there because of ease of manufacturing, IMO.
I think fitting the doors before welding would be prudent, if that's what you decide to do.

Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 331
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 331
Hi badriand
My wood blocks were also rotten and we replaced with a 2 inch piece of square tubing, and then welded the join on the cab. I feel that this will be a lot stronger if the truck is ever in an accident. I had a new floor pan made also and welded it in place. If you would like pictures I can email you some.
Stuart


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0