| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,100 Posts1,056,510 Members48,448 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2015 Posts: 149 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2015 Posts: 149 | I removed all my brake lines and wheel cylinders and am replacing with new. I've located the correct lines with the 1/4" over the rear axle (to match existing), but am having a difficult time locating the correct rear wheel cylinders with the 7/16 x 20 thread for the rear lines. Could someone possibly steer me in the right direction?
Thank you Jeff
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2013 Posts: 790 Former BMW Rider | | Former BMW Rider Joined: Dec 2013 Posts: 790 | Jeff,
FYI-I purchased everything for my brakes at the local NAPA store. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 | Hy Jeler, the wheel cylinders for your truck are Raybestos part numbers WC3396 for the rear and WC3406 for the front, prices for these part numbers from RockAuto are $48.89 for the rear and $23.79 for the front. At Napa the part numbers are UP3396 for the rear and UP3406 for the front, prices are $67.99 for the rear and $34.99 for the fronts, hope that helps. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2015 Posts: 149 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2015 Posts: 149 | Andy and 3B
Thanks for the info. I removed the rear axle brake line and it is 1/4", this is why I'm looking for wheel cylinder line threads of 7/16-20. Even though RockAuto's catalog shows them, they won't give me the info on the line threads over the phone. I know I can always run a reducer to match my line up with the cylinders but wanted to avoid the extra joint.
Thanks again Jeff
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 | Hy Jeler, I'm not positive of this statement, but I thought the rear wheel cylinders used a banjo bolt to attach the brake line to the wheel cylinder. I just checked my Raybestos master reference guide and WC3396 has an inlet port of 1/2"-20 and WC3406 has an inlet port of 7/16"-20, hope that helps. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2005 Posts: 6,100 | Hy Jeler, If you do a part number search on RockAuto when you press search the part description will come up if they stock it, under the description there will be a small box which says INFO if you click on that box more detailed info on the part will come up. I did that this morning with the two part numbers I gave you and confirmed the port size there as well as in my reference book | | | | | Joined: Jun 2015 Posts: 149 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2015 Posts: 149 | 3B
Thanks for the extra work and explanation, it helped a lot. I went and ordered the cylinders from RockAuto after I discovered the little reference box next to the items.
Jeff in Iowa | | |
| |
| |