The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 191 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,141
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1128576 10/08/2015 10:35 PM
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 23
4
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
4 Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 23
Is everybody missing their headlight buckets?

When I bought my truck it came with several sets of empty buckets,stripped out,they all seem to be different,slight curve difference,different bolt patterns.

So I priced the lights,the running light and gaskets,the chrome outer ring etc. and compared those totals to what a set sells for on ebay.

I notice 1941 running light is different but yet they are all listed as 41 to 46.

Does anybody know what the difference in bolt patterns are verses the ton?

These seem to have a 1/4 inch difference in the bolt pattern where it bolts to the fender,but then it is listed as the front ends are all the same?

So when complete sets come up for bid,they are snapped up like hotcakes and the price is across the board,is everybody missing their buckets or are they buying with the same thoughts as myself,mostly for the parts?

Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,096
E
Crusing in the Passing Lane
Crusing in the Passing Lane
E Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 5,096
'41 are different, have pot metal parts for the park light, park light Takes '39 to '41 Pontiac lenses, JimCarter has them.


'37 GMC T-18 w/ DD 4-53T, RTO-610, 6231 aux., '95 GMC running gear, full disc brakes, power steering, 22.5 wheels and tires.
'47 GMC 1 ton w/ 302, NP-540, 4wd, full width Blazer front axle.
'54 GMC 630 w/ 503 gasser, 5 speed, ex fire truck, shortened WB 4', install 8' bed.
'55 GMC 370 w/270, 420 4 speed, grain, dump bed truck from ND. Works OK.
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 888
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 888
I went thru several buckets trying to get a good fit.....right and left...holes off...fenders wallowed out.. there is some movement in the rear bolts mount.. Fronts I cut out and welded bolts with fender washers in the back side. Also you can buy the gaskets that take some of the ill fit out of and give you a better reveal/fit. Have fun and good luck
Dan

Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 201
I
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
I Offline
Joined: Jun 2015
Posts: 201
I had a set of 41 and a set of 46 headlights when I got my truck, one of each on it, with one 46 parklight and one 41 , my truck is a 41 but the othe 41 headlight I had was in bad shape so I had a shop make the 41 parklight fit the 46 headlight bucket, confusing I know, but 42-46 is the same, 41 is the odd ball with two piece park lights and the 42-46 being one piece.


Stovebolter -- the Next Generation
(I'm 20)

1941 Chevy 1/2-ton pickup
"Lucy"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

1967 Ford Mustang - "Sally"
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,596
4
'Bolter
'Bolter
4 Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,596
Mine was missing them when I bought it. The parts are expensive because they're relatively rare, the only reproduction housings are fiberglass, and they're used for rat rods and hot rods as well.


1946 GMC Pickup - S-10 Frame, 455 Buick, TH400, original patina.

My 46 GMC on Photobucket
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 23
4
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
4 Offline
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 23
Originally Posted by 46gmcpu
Mine was missing them when I bought it. The parts are expensive because they're relatively rare, the only reproduction housings are fiberglass, and they're used for rat rods and hot rods as well.

I have seen the replicas available,if I am not mistaken one company lists them as steel.

What blows my mind is the price of the chrome trim rings,$72 per when my 56 MG has the same thing and size at $17 per new.

By the time you get the housings and gaskets and glass lenses and outer trim ring it comes to $100 or so per light.

But it seems like everybody is missing their headlights because when they come up complete they sell around $200 to $300 for a really nice complete set every time.

Last Christmas there was a really nice set with no dents and nice chrome that sold for $135,I never bid on it because I thought it was going to bring all the money.


Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 176
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 176
Someone stole one of mine while it was parked at the PO property. I need to track them down as well. I have extra fender mounts if you need them,but no marker light top pieces. May have an extra bucket, no trim ring?

Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 4
O
New Guy
New Guy
O Offline
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 4
(moderator removed parts offer)

Last edited by cletis; 10/26/2015 8:57 PM. Reason: removed parts offer

Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0