The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (FAST55, Phak1, Gib70, DadsFirstPickup, Bill Hanlon), 135 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,108
Posts1,056,231
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 43
4
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
4 Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 43
Well, it is now road worthy.
About 600 miles on it.

Picture of exterior basically done:

Still working on interior. Headliner and door seals are in.
Still needs carpet and some other minor things wrapped up.

I will work on getting the galley updated when time allows.
Attachments
exterior basically done.png (838.62 KB, 9 downloads)


Last edited by Peggy M; 08/13/2023 9:03 PM.
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,002
V
VEW Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
V Offline
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 1,002
Beautiful truck!! I'm with Alvin, I love the color. I know a lot of effort was put into it, but it must be so rewarding. Tell me that it is!?!?


~ Victor
1941 3/4-Ton Pickup (in process). Read about it in the DITY Gallery
1955 Grumman Kurbside "Doughboy" 235/3 on tree w/ OD
1957 3100 - moved on
1959 C4500 Short Bus "Magic Bus" - moved on
1959 G3800 1 Ton Dually "Chief" - moved on
1958 C4400 Viking "Thor" ~ moved on to fellow Bolter

Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 43
4
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
4 Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 43
Rewarding... Definitely!
The 327 engine developed an oil leak and suffered from a lack of power.
We decided to pull the 327 and are in the process of replacing it with a 383 SBC. Yea I know... The nostalgia of the 327 will now be gone.
Once we pulled the trigger on a 383 we found that just needed refreshed, there was no turning back.
The 383 came with a tru-trak serpentine system so we are also going electric fan and adding AC/Heat/Defrost to it at the same time.
The 327 is out, 383 is sitting ready to go in with a full roller custom cam, maintaining the EFI, ect.

Thanks for all the good advice and praises.
I will provide more updates later.



Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 2
D
Moderated
Moderated
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 2
Hello,
I am putting together a 41 I purchased from a hot rod shop, do you or do you know of anyone with pictures of the bed. I am looking to see pictures of how many bed rails are needed to put in my oak flooring.
Thank you
Dan
My e- mail is [email protected]

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
What was the original color of the bed wood?

Last edited by Peggy M; 08/13/2023 9:07 PM.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  J Lucas 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0