| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,130 Posts1,056,712 Members48,454 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 338 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 338 | I started with this Before picture And just got it back. Looks a lot better. I have a long way to go, but getting something done feels good After picture {edited by moderator to link to pictures} | | | | | Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 96 Member | | Member Joined: Oct 2004 Posts: 96 | In my 40's it looks great. Im almost at your before stage and what did you do to the frame, Dip it, sandlast? Powder coat or paint. Once again looks great. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 466 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 466 | Go 40s Go..... Buddy | | | | | Joined: Oct 2001 Posts: 3,458 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: Oct 2001 Posts: 3,458 | In the future, if you are going to display your images in the thread, could you please resize your images to screen resolution, 640x480 or 800x600? It makes the forum much more readable, especially to those on dialup. I have edited your post to link to them instead.
Nice job, BTW Thanks,
Paint & Body Shop moderator A lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic. | | | | | Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 338 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2004 Posts: 338 | I sandblasted and powder coated.
When I started I was debating whether to do the powder coating. I'm really glad I did it.
I have the springs out being reshaped and coated too. I can't wait to get them back on.
I was going to do the rear end, but I got some advice not too. If you sandblast anything that has a remote chance of grease remaining the glass beads will stick. Then when it goes into the oven for powder coating any left over beads melt and stick like varnish. If this is in the rear end it will destroy the gears after it's rebuilt. So my plan is to sandblast before it's disassembled and then paint after it's rebuilt.
Does anyone have a recommedation on good hard underbody paint?
I'll resize my pics in the future, or maybe just start with links rather than images. | | |
| |
| |