The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (TUTS 59, Otto Skorzeny, Youngin' Tut 59, Leo), 100 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,128
Posts1,056,666
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 338
I
'Bolter
'Bolter
I Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 338
I started with this


Before picture

And just got it back. Looks a lot better. I have a long way to go, but getting something done feels good
After picture

{edited by moderator to link to pictures}

Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 96
6
Member
Member
6 Offline
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 96
In my 40's it looks great. Im almost at your before stage and what did you do to the frame, Dip it, sandlast? Powder coat or paint. Once again looks great.

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 466
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 466
Go 40s Go.....
grin
Buddy


"Keep the shiny side up....."
'50 GMC Suburban
'55 1st Chevy Pickup
http://community.webshots.com/user/buddyinak
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,458
4
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
4 Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,458
In the future, if you are going to display your images in the thread, could you please resize your images to screen resolution, 640x480 or 800x600? It makes the forum much more readable, especially to those on dialup.
I have edited your post to link to them instead.

Nice job, BTW
Thanks,


Paint & Body Shop moderator
A lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 338
I
'Bolter
'Bolter
I Offline
Joined: Nov 2004
Posts: 338
I sandblasted and powder coated.

When I started I was debating whether to do the powder coating. I'm really glad I did it.

I have the springs out being reshaped and coated too. I can't wait to get them back on.

I was going to do the rear end, but I got some advice not too. If you sandblast anything that has a remote chance of grease remaining the glass beads will stick. Then when it goes into the oven for powder coating any left over beads melt and stick like varnish. If this is in the rear end it will destroy the gears after it's rebuilt. So my plan is to sandblast before it's disassembled and then paint after it's rebuilt.

Does anyone have a recommedation on good hard underbody paint?

I'll resize my pics in the future, or maybe just start with links rather than images.


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0