Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,094 Posts1,056,487 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2015 Posts: 60 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2015 Posts: 60 | does anyone have a picture and source for the cover that attaches to the floor board? I have found the felt price, but there must be some cover, as this will get wet from water underneath. This is a 46 pickup. The last time I had a truck like this was at age15, so my memory has faded. Thanks for any help I can get.
Steve
'46 Chevrolet 1/2 T. Pickup, survivor - sold '31 Ford Model A pickup
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 1,820 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2003 Posts: 1,820 | There is a stamped piece that goes around the column and both the brake and clutch pedal. My guess is that a 41 to 46 would be the same. You might want to ask in "Parts Wanted" for one or check some of the vendor sites. I would think your chances would be good of finding one. I have a 37 truck and have two. I've always kept an extra of that part - don't know why, just do.
"Truckin' Around .......... Since 1937!" My name is Joe and I am addicted to Classic Country Music. I just can't hep myself.Operators are standing by to take your calls! Now cruising in the Passing Lane | | | | | Joined: Aug 2015 Posts: 60 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2015 Posts: 60 | Thanks, Joe. I have found the felt piece, but no one seems to have the metal piece. Heck, if I could just see one, I would make it. Looking for pictures.
Steve
'46 Chevrolet 1/2 T. Pickup, survivor - sold '31 Ford Model A pickup
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 | I don't know if Tim Sheridan has his site back up but I'v bet he's got the pictures your looking for. dg
Denny G Sandwich, IL
| | | | | Joined: Sep 2013 Posts: 93 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2013 Posts: 93 | Just made a new one out of sheet metal. Was pretty easy. Also, didn't I give my stock one to you Denny??? I believe so--
1947 GMC Truck 5 window, Long Bed 2008 Corvette Roadster 2008 Harley Davidson FXDL 2011 F150 Ecoboost 4X4 2015 Subaru Outback AWD "only the strong survive"
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2006 Posts: 9,671 | They're talking about a 46 Bruce, that would be different. dg
Denny G Sandwich, IL
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 1,611 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 1,611 | does anyone have a picture and source for the cover that attaches to the floor board? I have found the felt price, but there must be some cover, as this will get wet from water underneath. This is a 46 pickup. The last time I had a truck like this was at age15, so my memory has faded. Thanks for any help I can get. Hey new guy, The parts you are referring to are a little more complexly formed than you may think. In the upper right of this image are the 2 parts you need to correctly hold the felt to the cab/toe board. [img]http://www.surfacezero.com/g503/data/3764/2014-04-06_09_32_361.jpg[/img]I have the smaller part still attached to a civilian truck toe board, and I also have a new felt (later found out that civy and military parts are not interchangeable due to the larger diameter steering mast). I would be willing to make a deal with the items I have as they are no use to me. I feel rather confident you can find the other part from someone on this site. Paul | | | | | Joined: Aug 2015 Posts: 60 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2015 Posts: 60 | Upper right, or left. I want to look as how they would fit on my 1/2 T.
Steve
'46 Chevrolet 1/2 T. Pickup, survivor - sold '31 Ford Model A pickup
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 1,611 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 1,611 | | | | | | Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 1,321 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 1,321 | Mtntruck, Please list your name. I'm old fashioned and like to know who I am talking with. Harold Clutch Brake Steering Column Frame
Harold Is a restoration ever finished? | | | | | Joined: Aug 2015 Posts: 60 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2015 Posts: 60 | Harold,
Steve here. Thanks for the pictures. That helps a lot. No one seems to sell these. Guess I'll have to try to make out of wood. I can make much more things out of wood than metal. Are you anywhere in N. Ga?
Steve
'46 Chevrolet 1/2 T. Pickup, survivor - sold '31 Ford Model A pickup
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2015 Posts: 60 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2015 Posts: 60 | Paul,
Make me an offer I can't refuse on the two toe pieces, and felt. I think that will work. My other choice is to fashion something out of plywood.
Thanks Steve
Steve
'46 Chevrolet 1/2 T. Pickup, survivor - sold '31 Ford Model A pickup
| | | | | Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 1,611 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2011 Posts: 1,611 | | | |
| |