| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
0 members (),
99
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,619 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2014 Posts: 77 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2014 Posts: 77 | I am 6'5" and over 300 lbs. and just love my AD truck. Trouble was that the 4 speed floor shifter and placement of gas and brake pedals made it very uncomfortable to drive, especially in second gear and reverse was impossible! So I removed shift stick from truck and with a torch heated it and removed the sticks offset so it does not bend towards my right leg, about 4 1/2" what a world of difference! I hope this helps out other tall AD lovers. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 1,747 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jun 2012 Posts: 1,747 | Lots of folks "re-bent" the shift lever. Dad bent his so 2 boys could ride in the truck to the dump. If you can fit between the seat and the steering wheel that shift lever can be moved a lot. Better than the F!@d, his wound up in the glove box in reverse.
Steve H
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2015 Posts: 806 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Aug 2015 Posts: 806 | That is a thought, I am 6 feet. If you hold the ball and put it in first, I bust my knuckles on the dash! Otherwise I flip my knee around to use the brake and change the gears! 1953 Chevy 153A 3/4-tonWorking on my project since 2015Follow along in my DITY | | |
| |
| |