The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (Hotrod Lincoln, 46 Texaco, 2 invisible), 84 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,633
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 90
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 90
Hi-

I have a 3800, I think a 1 ton truck. The truck was flipped on its side from a tornado and the cab was crushed. I have found many 2 ton trucks out here in Colorado. Are the cabs, fenders, grill the same as the 1 ton? The second question are the cabs the same for the 1 ton as the 1/2 ton and 3/4 ton? including grill, fender etc. So I could part the rest of the truck out to a more desirable market of the 1/2 and 3/4 ton trucks.

Thanks,

Brent

Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 7
G
Member
Member
G Offline
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 7
Hello,The 1/2 Ton - 1-Ton Are The Same Beast.Cab,Fenders,Grill,Ect.The 1-1/2 And Larger Have Larger Fenders,Hood,Grill(some grill parts will work)The Cabs Are The Same,Except The Larger Trucks Have Metal Plates In The Front Of The Cab,For Strength.But Will Still Work.I Have Many Of These Trucks.To The Best Of My Knowledge This Info Is Correct,Feel Free To E-Mail With Any Questions.Thanks GMCJOHN


JB
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 1,159
N
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
N Offline
Joined: Nov 1995
Posts: 1,159
Brent,
You might be able to part quite a lot of a 2-ton out. A lot of us are restoring the bigger trucks (I'm working on one myself at the moment -- '49 2-Ton). Our Swapmeet here on this site is free, too.

Good luck with that 3800. What year is it? I have a '49 3800, too.

Regards,
John


~ One of many.
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 90
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 90
Mine is 48. Is a 3800 considered a 1 ton?

Thanks,

Brent

Joined: May 2003
Posts: 90
B
Member
Member
B Offline
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 90
Thanks for all the input...

Brent


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0