| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (Hotrod Lincoln, greenie-reddy, 1955 1 Series, Otto Skorzeny, Phak1, Guitplayer, Perro, 1 invisible),
166
guests, and
5
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,108 Posts1,056,228 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 88 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 88 | I bought this truck to make a crew cab dually out of but I have some questions. The rear door on the passenger side looks like a stretched front door so I think I can buy two door bottoms to fix the rust. The door post between the two doors is another story. It looks like something out of another vehicle like maybe a panel ambulance. I am just trying to find out if these parts are available or if I have to build them. Thanks Brad photobucket photobucket | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | Brad,
Since those are not standard parts. it would be hard for anyone to assure you of what used parts might work.
By a "panel ambulance" are you referring to a rear door on a Sedan Delivery (car chassis) that was used as an ambulance, or a Panel truck that was converted to an ambulance?
There was a 1954 crew-cab conversion-vehicle. It had a different style rear side door/jamb. I do not think anyone has ever seen one, so I doubt you would ever find one for used sheet-metal parts. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 88 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2009 Posts: 88 | I was told that they made ambulances out of a suburban or panel and some had a side door added but I have never seen one. This truck is a conversion 3 door crew that has only a passenger side door. It came from the Washington State Forestry Service. Its a cool truck but it has some rust in some bad places that is going to take some time to fix. Thanks Brad | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | I have seen very nice 3800 ambulances and crew trucks (i.e. forestry) made out of panel trucks. I have also never seen a side door on one of those ambulances/trucks. | | |
| |
| |