The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (5 Window 9434, Jon G, John Dlugos, jmoore, moparguy), 96 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,120
Posts1,056,325
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#111965 06/13/2003 3:16 PM
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 68
N
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
N Offline
Joined: Mar 2003
Posts: 68
My wife and son gave me a seat cover kit for my 53 for fathers day. It came from Chevy Duty. It was not as difficult as I thought it would be. Although without the hogrings I probably would have had a much harder time. The original seat cover was in ok shape. All the springs were intact and even the burlap was still in one piece. I did put an inch thick sleeping mat over the springs before I put the seat cover on. It really did dress up the truck. All I have left for the interior now is a new floor mat and new vent window handles. Oh by the way. the pliers and hog rings come with the kit from Chevy Duty for all who have not ordered one. They list the pliers and rings seperate and that implied to me that you need to order them seperate. I called and asked befroe I ordered.


1953 Chevy 3100
The Green Truck
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 438
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 438
Way-2-go Oldie!

Looks like I may be doing this over the Dad's Day weekend as the weather calls for indoor Stoveboltin'. Any tips you can relay? Also, did you coat the springs with any paint/primer to deal with rust?

PS We should have this discussion in the new interiors section. I'm not sure how to copy the thread there.

Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 3
C
Junior Member
Junior Member
C Offline
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 3
Phat-

I hope all went well with your seat install. This is New Old 53 on a friends pc. I dont remember my password, its at work. Anyway. I did not have to do anything to my springs, all were there and mostly free of rust. I did buy a 1 1/4 inch thick sleping mat for camping and cut it to size. Really wrked nice to fill the cover.

Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 438
5
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
5 Offline
Joined: Sep 2002
Posts: 438
Old/New/Creek-

Thanks for the tip. Actually ended up focusing on the motor this weekend, which was most productive. Working on cleaning the springs and encapsulating the rust before adding the cover.


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0