| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,142 Posts1,056,485 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2014 Posts: 128 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jun 2014 Posts: 128 | I took the oil pan off my 41 235. Lots of gritty sludge in the pan. Is that normal? My second question is, since I have the pan off should I clean out the oil pump? Is it a tough task? Anything I should know?
Thanks Andy
Sometimes you're the window Sometimes you're the bug
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 5,337 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jan 2001 Posts: 5,337 | I would disassemble the pump and inspect it. Most pumps will have some scoring on the gears but that is okay. The thing to watch for is loosness in the main shaft. I also like to look at the relief valve spring, they can have a fair amount of wear on them from rubbing against the housing. New pumps are available, even on ebay.
See the USA in your vintage Chevrolet! My Blog | | | | | Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 1,922 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 1,922 | Check the end play of the gear in the body. .002-.0025" perfect, .003" acceptable, more than that mill the body. | | | | | Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 1,321 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 1,321 | Here is a new pump or a rebuild kit (middle of page). Your choice. Harold Oil Pump
Last edited by Harold46; 08/17/2015 11:19 PM.
Harold Is a restoration ever finished? | | |
| |
| |