The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Steelonsteel), 79 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,095
Posts1,056,490
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1117051 08/03/2015 12:13 AM
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 37
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 37
I just rebuilt the 235 engine on my 1955 1st gen 3100. I went to pre the oil pump and can't seem to get oil at the rockers. I have oil at the pressure switch connection but nothing up top. Any suggestions?

55mater #1117057 08/03/2015 12:33 AM
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,393
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,393
Is the feed line under the lifter cover connected?


Drew
55mater #1117083 08/03/2015 1:36 AM
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,337
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,337
How long did you prime for? It can take a few minuets to get oil to the top.


See the USA in your vintage Chevrolet!
My Blog
55mater #1117093 08/03/2015 2:27 AM
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 37
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 37
DrewP you hit the nail right on the head. I must have overlooked that in the book because I totally missed that tube. Thanks for the help, I don't know what I would have done before the Internet.


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0