The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (jmoore, 55shaker, Eisenholtz, lumbersawyer, MickeyP), 89 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,626
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 714
U
'Bolter
'Bolter
U Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 714
Hello,
I restored my stock 1957 Chevy 3100 in 2011. I have only driven about 1,000 miles since then. The truck sits most of the time in a garage.
I took the truck out for a drive the other day and now I am having trouble with my rebuilt Rochester carb. When I push the accelerator down the truck loses power and I have to nurse her up to the desired speed. It ever dies and the idle is ok. I have to find the "sweet spot" on the pedal to get up to speed. Any more than that and it seems to bog down. Any ideas on what is going on? Truck sitting too long? Gas eat the gaskets? Clogged jets?

Thank you!

Jon


1957 Chevy 1/2-Ton Truck
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix

The coldest winter I ever saw was a summer I spent in San Francisco M. Twain
If at first you don't succeed...skydiving is not for you!
If you don't like my carbon foot print, stick it up your Prius!!
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,094
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 1,094
accelerator pump after sittingthe gas has damaged the pump.


Tommy
59 apache 1/2t
261 short stepside
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 714
U
'Bolter
'Bolter
U Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 714
Hi Tommy,
Thank you. I will take a look at that.

Jon


1957 Chevy 1/2-Ton Truck
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix

The coldest winter I ever saw was a summer I spent in San Francisco M. Twain
If at first you don't succeed...skydiving is not for you!
If you don't like my carbon foot print, stick it up your Prius!!

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0