The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (50Chevy3100, RdsLessTaken, DadsFirstPickup, tclederman, Cletus1950, Ponchogl, 1 invisible), 202 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,107
Posts1,056,225
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 293
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 293
On our 66 Suburban, I had always assumed that the interior and dash were the same color, but since I have recently started to work on the inside of it, I have found that the dash is a darker chocolate brownish color. I assume that the main interior color is the Fawn Poly. 22151 (our vehicle is a sort of greenish/silver color inside mostly), but I do not know what the actual color code is for the dash. Does anyone happen to have this number? I could take my glove box door into my paint guy and have him color match it with his machine, but I thought someone would have the actual numbers. Thank you for your time and help.

Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
H
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
Moderator: 60-66 Trucks; North Eastern Bolters
H Offline
Joined: May 2007
Posts: 1,718
Try this on for size. Thanks to Tony Smith.

"Here is the information I have been providing, regarding interior paint colors, as was provided to me, by a stovebolt member:

1960-1966 Chevy Truck Interior Paint Color Summary



Medium Fawn: 60% gloss
DuPont: #9171-L
Ditzler: #DL-22571
Rinshed-Mason: #65B84

Dark Fawn: 0% Gloss
DuPont: #9202-L
Ditzler: #DIA 22568

Light Fawn: 60% gloss
DuPont: #9170-L
Ditzler: #DL22569


Medium Saddle: 60% gloss
DuPont: #4626-L
Ditzler: #DL-22570
Rinshed-Mason: #65B83

Dark Saddle: 0% Gloss
DuPont: #9199-L
Ditzler: #DIA-13010

The Saddles are from 1965 and the Fawns are the same for 1965 and 1966.

In 1966, the interior was two colors, with the Medium Fawn or Dark Fawn on the dash panel & steering column, with Light Fawn on all other interior surfaces.
_________________________
Tony Smith
4-5-6 Chevy Trucks
501 Scott Avenue
Kansas City, KS 66105
913-207-7789
[email protected]


~ HB
1966 Chevrolet K-10 | Ghost: formerly Flappy Fenders | In the Stovebolt Gallery
1962 Chevrolet C10
1962 Suburban
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 293
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 293
Thank you for your reply. TCP Global used to have the color chips for the earlier years, but I did not see it when I looked at their website. Is it still around, or have they got away from the earlier years? Does any one else have them?


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0