| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,127 Posts1,056,681 Members48,452 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 40 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 40 | I am re-assembleing a 46 chevy. I have the original drivers side mirror arm, complete with a screw in it to stop it swinging to far forward.
Problem, the mirrir arm crushes the body before the door is fully opened. Took out the screy after it nicked the paint ;-((
I am thinking of trimming off the flat at the end of the arm to give the door some more room to open.
I have the same problem but wors on the passanger side.
Any one else had similar probelms.
The body shop did build up the hinge a lot, and it is catching, but I do not think that that is the core problem.
Ted Wilson
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 96 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Feb 2001 Posts: 96 | The tab goes between the front of the hinge and body. Just pull the pin and slide the tab in between and put the pin back. The tab should keep the mirror arm in place. I'm not sure why they added a stop bolt. I did the same thing the first time. | | | | | Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 40 Junior Member | | Junior Member Joined: Jun 2004 Posts: 40 | I think I get it. I just looked, it will be a tight squeese to get it in but i will try.
If it fits in there, then the mirror will not move at all, is that correct?
thanks
Ted Wilson
| | |
| |
| |