The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 94 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,127
Posts1,056,680
Members48,452
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 40
W
Junior Member
Junior Member
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 40
I am re-assembleing a 46 chevy. I have the original drivers side mirror arm, complete with a screw in it to stop it swinging to far forward.

Problem, the mirrir arm crushes the body before the door is fully opened. Took out the screy after it nicked the paint ;-((

I am thinking of trimming off the flat at the end of the arm to give the door some more room to open.

I have the same problem but wors on the passanger side.

Any one else had similar probelms.

The body shop did build up the hinge a lot, and it is catching, but I do not think that that is the core problem.


Ted Wilson
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 96
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 96
The tab goes between the front of the hinge and body. Just pull the pin and slide the tab in between and put the pin back. The tab should keep the mirror arm in place. I'm not sure why they added a stop bolt. I did the same thing the first time.

Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 40
W
Junior Member
Junior Member
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2004
Posts: 40
I think I get it.
I just looked, it will be a tight squeese to get it in but i will try.

If it fits in there, then the mirror will not move at all, is that correct?

thanks


Ted Wilson

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0