The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (klhansen), 158 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,141
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 144
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 144
Im getting ready to put new rubber on the doors,windows and such. Thinking of using Steele Rubber Company parts.

If any of you have replaced All the rubber on a 46
can you kindly give me a list of all pieces needed so I will order the right pieces and right amount so I dont order wrong and the wrong amount.

I just want to make sure that I order properly
due to the lack of knowledge in doing so.

Slowly but surely my truck is coming together.
Of course with your help. As this is my first project.

Thanks
Ol Classic Finn grin

Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 331
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 331
I found steele to be very expensive and they don't have everything you need, as have just ordered a few things for my 46 from there. I have ordered rubber from oldchevytrucks.com for my 40 and found that alot of thier stuff is comparable and in some instantcies closer to original at a third the cost. I still need a few things and will be trying out American classic truck parts. If you want I will scan my list and send it to you when I get the chance

Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 331
S
Member
Member
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 331
Another tip. If you are not in a hurry try to make sure that they have everything in your order before sending it, as the shipping charges and UPS few can be shocking!!! I just recived two seperate parcels no bigger than a 24 of beer wieghing less than 5 lbs each and it cost me $194.00 in shipping and taxes. Ouch

Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,820
grin
I've got a 37 pickup and have had some pieces of Steele Rubber on my truck as long as 15 years with no cracking, discoloring or decomposing. I highly recommend Steele Rubber and if you call them they might send you a free catalog.
When I did my truck I carefully went through their catalog and pinpointed every rubber part I needed for my truck in their catalog. They had every piece I needed to do my 1/2 ton pickup and I found their quality to be the very best. wink


"Truckin' Around .......... Since 1937!"
My name is Joe and I am addicted to Classic Country Music. I just can't hep myself.
Operators are standing by to take your calls!
Now cruising in the Passing Lane
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 144
C
Member
Member
C Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 144
Hey 6 Cylinder Over Texas!
Just wanting to know. Do you by chance have photos of your 37 for you to possibly send me for
reference?

Im going to use the Rubber Steele for my parts
as well. For my 46 and 37.

All the best
Classic Finn wink


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0