The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (cmayna, Gray_Ghost, Donf, Otto Skorzeny, Gdads51, Jon G, Forty9, Shade Baby), 104 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,118
Posts1,056,307
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 566
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 566
Not sure if this is the place to put it but I'll ask here. I have a windshield wiper pump at I bought from a swap meet. I would like to know what parts I need to hook it up and what it will cost for the parts if anyone has any idea. I do not know the year of the pump of what application it came out of. I believe its a trico vacuum pump. Do I need any restrictors like I have to put in my vacuum gauge or any check valves? What kind of switch was available for this unit, a floor mount or dash mount? Does anyone have any installation guides or maintenance and operating guides for this unit? I am putting it in a 1956 Chevy 3100 with electric wipers.

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b554/stovebolt56/20150711_2328501_zpsubovpzdg.jpg

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/b554/stovebolt56/20150711_2329081_zpsvimqlqrn.jpg


"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my sweet ride." -Amen

56 Chevy 3100
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 3,596
There are many of these units available (common as NOS) since they set on dealer shelves for years I believe.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/advance-design_parts_co/14090407790/in/album-72157631868452754/
These were a divisional item, Chevy-Buick-Olds-Pontiac-Cadillac, so if you search in places like Hemmings, eBay, etc. Look for vendors or parts with a wide net. I have an earlier version but do not have directions for your version. Directions and requisite part lists may be found searching for online postings under the different GM divisions.

Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 566
T
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
T Offline
Joined: Aug 2012
Posts: 566
Thanks Brad,

Just FYI, after I posted it here I found a place called wiperman.com.

Here was his reply.

This pump is mainly found on postwar cars to roughly 1951. Very universal, vacuum in the top, water out the side. I have a dash switch for (aftermarket Trico of the time frame). NOS $35, plus postage. Just has vacuum in and out when button is pressed. Search ebay for washer kits, sellers like caddycoop often show the instruction sheets in the auction pictures. Rob


"As I lay rubber down the street, I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide, please dear God protect my sweet ride." -Amen

56 Chevy 3100
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 639
T
'Bolter
'Bolter
T Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 639
Tiny, I've got a washer unit that looks just like your's and it has a dash mounted vacuum switch as wiperman mentioned. Can't tell you how well it works, it's still in a box.


Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0