| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,084 Posts1,056,334 Members48,442 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2013 Posts: 54 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2013 Posts: 54 | I just recently put a rebuilt head on my 57 235. When i start it leaves a black carbon mark on my driveway. After it runs for a while it stops. I have put a couple of hundred miles on it since I put the head on. I pulled the plugs and they are burning perfectly. What is causing the carbon, timing mixture? It runs really well. And I have the hydraulic lifters adjusted at a 1/2 of turn.
Adjusted the valves and after a couple of hundred the sp mi Es | | | | | Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 5,224 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2000 Posts: 5,224 | Since you rebuilt the head, the engine is running better and doesn't need quite as much fuel. Try backing off on the choke some. If it still spots the drive, try turning the idle mixture screw in a 1/4 turn, it should be in the 1 to 1 1/2 turn out range from slightly seated. A little more timing then called for also don't hurt, go a couple more degrees advanced.
Joe | | | | | Joined: Apr 2013 Posts: 54 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Apr 2013 Posts: 54 | Thanks for your input Joe I with check along those items out | | |
| |
| |