The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (TUTS 59, jmoore, 66flea, Ponchogl), 113 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,127
Posts1,056,681
Members48,452
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1109204 06/20/2015 4:30 PM
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 7
F
New Guy
New Guy
F Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 7
Where can I find front shoes, wheel cylinders and hardware for my '50 6400 2ton? New, or used, I just need useable parts.

Mike
210-723-1819
[email protected]

Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
3
3B Offline
'Bolter
'Bolter
3 Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 6,100
Hy FASTRED68, wheel cylinders are still available
at RockAuto Raybestos p/n WC3406 $23.79
at Napa their p/n UP3406 $31.50
as to the shoes, you could have them relined, contact a truck shop in your area and ask who relines their shoes for them, Hope that helps.

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,962
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,962
Amazon.com has gotten pretty big in to Raybestos parts. On this particular part they are a buck cheaper and with $35 you get free shipping. Raybestos is my brand of choice for old vehicles. Some of it is US and some of it is Chinese, but the quality looks as good as what we bought over 50 years ago.

NOS shoes hit eBay quite often. They are probably asbestos, but I used asbestos pads from the 50's until non asbestos came out. If your shoes are rusty or need to be recoined, you might look at NOS shoes and have new pads put on them if you are afraid of asbestos.

Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 7
F
New Guy
New Guy
F Offline
Joined: Sep 2014
Posts: 7
Originally Posted by crenwelge
Amazon.com has gotten pretty big in to Raybestos parts. On this particular part they are a buck cheaper and with $35 you get free shipping. Raybestos is my brand of choice for old vehicles. Some of it is US and some of it is Chinese, but the quality looks as good as what we bought over 50 years ago.

NOS shoes hit eBay quite often. They are probably asbestos, but I used asbestos pads from the 50's until non asbestos came out. If your shoes are rusty or need to be recoined, you might look at NOS shoes and have new pads put on them if you are afraid of asbestos.

Well, unfortunatly I dont have any core shoes to be re-lined. Like a dummy I took them off and threw them out.
Do you happen to know what part number to search for on Amazon? I havent found anything for a 2 ton truck

Mike

Last edited by FASTRED68; 06/22/2015 7:49 PM.
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 51
J
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
J Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 51
I could be wrong but shoes are not made anymore for 1.5 and 2 tons. I would try in the parts wanted section for some used/new shoes. I belive the cylinders mentioned above are not for the big trucks either the one for your truck would be $60 to $80 a piece or somewhere around there I think rockauto,napa,chev of the 40's,jim carter's,etc


1947.5 Chevy 4100 red primer
1951 Chevy 4400 grey primer
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 430
R
'Bolter
'Bolter
R Offline
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 430
If they are the same shoes as a 46 I believe I could dig up the set that I took off when I did the disc brakes on mine. Anyone know if they are the same?


Randy Domeck
Indianapolis Fabrications
[email protected]
Indianapolis, In. 46254
317-258-0039

Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,962
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 4,962
1940 through 1950 use a GM no. 366054 shoes so a 46 should work. GMC used that samee number on their one ton through 2 ton. As for the wheel cylinders, it takes a GM 5300869 wheel cylinder. As stated earlier, the aftermarket number is WC3406 in either Raybestos or Dorman.


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0