The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
5 members (Steelonsteel, Shade Baby, cmayna, Gray_Ghost, Otto Skorzeny), 105 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,134
Posts1,056,402
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,554
H
'Bolter
'Bolter
H Offline
Joined: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,554
I am in the process of hotrodding my 46/7 pickup and I wuld like to use bucket seats. What are your suggestions for a donor for bucket seats. Dave


1941 Chevy
"First rebuild - complete!"
Follow the story in the DITY
1941 GMC resting peacefully
1946/1947 Chevy Street rod on s10 frame complete
1945 GMC panel truck in line for restoration
1941 Plymouth stock complete
1941 GMC COE in restoration process
Read his Project Journal
1941 Chevy Coe uncertain future resting now
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 21
M
New Guy
New Guy
M Offline
Joined: Jan 2011
Posts: 21
I have a '42 with the same idea. Can't wait to see some answers.

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,596
4
'Bolter
'Bolter
4 Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,596
I used an S-10 bench and personally don't see the reason to put buckets in these small cabs. However, have you looked at s-10 buckets? The blazers had them and they would definitely fit.


1946 GMC Pickup - S-10 Frame, 455 Buick, TH400, original patina.

My 46 GMC on Photobucket
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
Bolter
Bolter
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,440
We had buckets from a '70 Firebird in my son's '53. I would suspect most any will fit the earlier truck if you can fabricate the mounting brackets. The original brackets bolted to the floor will be way too low. Search the salvage yards for a pair that the color and fabric are to your liking and go for it.


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,337
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,337
I believe I had Vega buckets in my 37 PU in high school.


See the USA in your vintage Chevrolet!
My Blog
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 888
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 888
I agree with above on S10 bench. Cab is not that wide....thinking seat is about 54"? I bought a set of Caravan leather fronts(40bucks at garage sale) and removed frame and set in my 4t6. They almost touched with no room for a console and just didn't look right. I use them for garage seats currently so at least they're being used. Probably should have used the seatbelt as I almost fell out when snoozing....lol
Dan

Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,596
4
'Bolter
'Bolter
4 Offline
Joined: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,596
Originally Posted by Chev4t6
I agree with above on S10 bench. Cab is not that wide....thinking seat is about 54"? I bought a set of Caravan leather fronts(40bucks at garage sale) and removed frame and set in my 4t6. They almost touched with no room for a console and just didn't look right. I use them for garage seats currently so at least they're being used. Probably should have used the seatbelt as I almost fell out when snoozing....lol
Dan


I think the width is more like 46", of the seat itself.


1946 GMC Pickup - S-10 Frame, 455 Buick, TH400, original patina.

My 46 GMC on Photobucket
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 36
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jul 2006
Posts: 36
I used a pair of Pont Fiero bucket seats and built a small counsel/arm rest in between in my 40. They also had the advantage of having the speakers in the headrest.

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 35
C
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 35
I used the buckets out of a 94-97 pontiac grand am. Fit good and price was right.

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,832
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,832
We scratch make our seats for the old narrow cars as most, but not all, modern seats just don't look and/or fit right. Attention to the seat riser and keeping the back low will make or break the out come. Pics show buckets in a 40 pickup and a bench in a 34 cabriolet. I like the bench but it's your truck so it's your choice.

http://s32.photobucket.com/user/coilover/media/StudeJustins40CougarCat004-1.jpg.html

http://s32.photobucket.com/user/coilover/media/DanZstwo34s001-1.jpg.html


Evan
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 323
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Feb 2010
Posts: 323
Why buckets? Well if you are 6'2" and your wife wants to drive and she is 5' it's a no brainier.




These old bolts are in my blood. Hard thing is focusing on just one.

1937 Chevy 1/2 ton panel
1953 GMC 2 ton. future car hauler

Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 96
L
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
L Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 96
I moved the gas tank and used 88 Astro Van captain chairs including the base frame, four bolts.

Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 420
H
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
H Offline
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 420
I put a 2nd row chrysler minivan seat in my 46 1/2 ton fit perfectly just had to make mounts for it


Moderated by  Fibonachu, KCMongo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0