The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
8 members (ronsway, KEVINSKI, Otto Skorzeny, Greg_H, 1955 1 Series, TrknGMC, TooMany2count, Peggy M), 156 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,142
Posts1,056,481
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 33
S
Apprentice
Apprentice
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 33
Ive been reading this forum for some time now and have really enjoyed learning from all of you who are way more experienced than I. Never registered because I didn't have anything to say. Well finally I picked up a 1950 1/2 ton of my own last month. And now I have all kinds of things to say.
When I first looked at the truck I new it would need a lot work. So far their has been a lot of surprises (good and bad). It seems I am fixing more problems caused by previous owners then by nature (Arizona truck, not to much rust). I thought the floor and toeboard were in good shape until I started removing the floor covering and found out the previous owner had torched the toeboad to fit a AMC 343 engine in it. He covered it up with tin siding and riveted it in. Anyway, now I need to replace it. The floors pretty shot too.
Should I buy a new patch panel toeboard or can I make one relatively easy? If I do make my own what should I be aware of? How should I brace the cab before removing whats left of the toe and floor board? I'm going to be carpeting so I don't need the original look. Also, I will be putting in a chevy 350 if that make a difference. Thanks for your Help.


Everything you know is wrong.
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,458
4
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
4 Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 3,458
You can buy new toeboards pretty cheap. You shouldn't have to change it for the 350.


Paint & Body Shop moderator
A lone amateur built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the Titanic.
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,773
F
'Bolter
'Bolter
F Offline
Joined: Jun 2000
Posts: 2,773
Quote
Originally posted by OldCarKook:
when will Ramblers finally rest in pieces?
Shouldn't that be rust in pieces?


Fred
52 3600
69 C-10
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 587
G
'Bolter
'Bolter
G Offline
Joined: Feb 2000
Posts: 587
"Kook" there's a fella near me in North Manchester, IN that recently built a big steel building, has orig Rambler signs out front and in windows and now sells parts for old Ramblers. I bet he wouldn't like what YOU said!! grin Older Ramblers ran OK, used 20 yr old systems, but Sure were UGLY! grin


G.L. Grumpy's
Old Iron Ranch
Huntington, IN 46750


MM R tractor, Speedex
and Power King tractors
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 578
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Oct 2001
Posts: 578
Ramblers used to be ugly. Now they're samples of american chic. We've a young neighbor girl who drives a nice 64 Rambler American. She gets more comments and conversations than her dad does about his 66 GTO. And the comments are about her car.


"Happiness equals reality minus expectations" - Tom Magliozzi
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 33
S
Apprentice
Apprentice
S Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 33
It seemed kinda weird seeing an AMC engine inside a Chevy truck. Isn't it usually the other way around? AMC owners are aways ditching their engines for a chevys. Not that I have anything against AMC engines. Hope I can find a buyer for it though. Don't even know what their worth.


Everything you know is wrong.
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 866
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 866
I Bought a 53 Chevy pickup 2 years ago with an AMC 360, 64 wagoneer frame, 72 jeep drive line, it's a 4 wheel drive pickup. Engine has great power, 3.73 gears, turbo400 chevy trans. Take a look and see, It's sits right, drives great!

http://home.attbi.com/~sworfktn


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0