| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,109 Posts1,056,258 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2011 Posts: 154 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2011 Posts: 154 | I'm in the middle of installing my new wiring harness on my 55.2 12 volt. As I've gotten to the wires coming from the turn signal switch on the column, it's obvious they are in really bad shape and I'm contemplating replacing them due to how worn they are. I've done some searches on Stovebolt and goodle to attempt to try to figure out: 1. What kind of turn signal switch I need 2. How I got about replacing them. Here is my column: https://flic.kr/p/aUmwhXhttps://flic.kr/p/aUmstDWires: https://flic.kr/p/tUUf5sHarness: https://flic.kr/p/tXnkfgAny help/advice is appreciated on this.
1955 GMC 100 Series 2
| | | | | Joined: Aug 2011 Posts: 154 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2011 Posts: 154 |
1955 GMC 100 Series 2
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 899 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 899 |
Brian 1955.2 3100 Truck The older I get the more dangerous I am!!!!! | | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | Just the switch should be all you need. | | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 6,214 | LMC sells the same part for $14.95...$10 cheaper than Classic Industries. Mike B  | | | | | Joined: Aug 2011 Posts: 154 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2011 Posts: 154 | Thanks guys. With the help of Bill from Hot Rod Wires, I was able to get the new harness hooked up to the correct wires on the column and by some magical chance - the switch works. Will still put it on the list of things to replace this winter though.
1955 GMC 100 Series 2
| | | | | Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 Extreme Gabster | | Extreme Gabster Joined: May 2001 Posts: 7,438 | I used a Hot Rod Wires harness in my '56 nearly 10 years ago. I am extremely happy with it. | | |
| |
| |