The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (baldeagle), 158 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,110
Posts1,056,241
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 154
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 154
I'm in the middle of installing my new wiring harness on my 55.2 12 volt. As I've gotten to the wires coming from the turn signal switch on the column, it's obvious they are in really bad shape and I'm contemplating replacing them due to how worn they are. I've done some searches on Stovebolt and goodle to attempt to try to figure out:

1. What kind of turn signal switch I need
2. How I got about replacing them.

Here is my column: https://flic.kr/p/aUmwhX
https://flic.kr/p/aUmstD
Wires: https://flic.kr/p/tUUf5s
Harness: https://flic.kr/p/tXnkfg

Any help/advice is appreciated on this.


1955 GMC 100 Series 2
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 154
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 154


1955 GMC 100 Series 2
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 899
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 899
Maybe you can get away with just using this, and save some money.
http://www.classicindustries.com/sh...switches-fuses/?q=turn%20signal%20switch


Brian
1955.2 3100 Truck
The older I get the more dangerous I am!!!!!
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Just the switch should be all you need.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
LMC sells the same part for $14.95...$10 cheaper than Classic Industries.

Mike B smile


Mike Boteler

1956 Chevy 3100 Resto Rod
1952 Willys M38 Army Jeep
1983 Jeep CJ7 Laredo
1984 Jeep CJ7
+++++
Silver Spring, MD
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 154
G
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
G Offline
Joined: Aug 2011
Posts: 154
Thanks guys. With the help of Bill from Hot Rod Wires, I was able to get the new harness hooked up to the correct wires on the column and by some magical chance - the switch works. Will still put it on the list of things to replace this winter though.


1955 GMC 100 Series 2
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
Extreme Gabster
Extreme Gabster
Joined: May 2001
Posts: 7,438
I used a Hot Rod Wires harness in my '56 nearly 10 years ago. I am extremely happy with it.


"It's just a phase. He'll grow out of it." Mama, 1964

1956 Chevy 1/2-ton 3100
1953 Chevy 6100 "The Yard dog"
1954 GMC Suburban Now with a new proud owner.

Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0