| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,127 Posts1,056,357 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Sep 2008 Posts: 57 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2008 Posts: 57 | Looking for information on the proper lubrication of the speedo head for an AD truck. I am currently repairing my speedo and am in process of reassembling. I have searched this site and other sites as well and have read the tech tips and articles that people have used light oils, dry graphite and/or white lithium grease for lube during assembly and some people believe no lube is required or was used at all. I know that when I took mine apart the gears for the odometer had grease on them which was almost like wax(probably dried grease after 60 plus years). Just curious if anyone has a old speedo repair manual which states the proper type of lubes to be used and where. I just want to ensure that I am using the proper stuff and not creating problems for myself later on. Thanks Dave
1966 Chevrolet Caprice 2 Door Hardtop (396 Big Block) 1951 GMC 9434 5 Window (waiting on a 292 transplant) | | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 | | | | | | Joined: Sep 2008 Posts: 57 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Sep 2008 Posts: 57 | DADS50, Thanks this is exactly what I was looking for. I had searched through that website but must have missed it. Thanks again. Dave
1966 Chevrolet Caprice 2 Door Hardtop (396 Big Block) 1951 GMC 9434 5 Window (waiting on a 292 transplant) | | |
| |
| |