The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
7 members (Shaffer's1950, Southerntruck, Gdads51, John Dlugos, FAST55, TexasJim50, F100Ranger), 154 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,132
Posts1,056,378
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 57
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 57
Looking for information on the proper lubrication of the speedo head for an AD truck. I am currently repairing my speedo and am in process of reassembling. I have searched this site and other sites as well and have read the tech tips and articles that people have used light oils, dry graphite and/or white lithium grease for lube during assembly and some people believe no lube is required or was used at all. I know that when I took mine apart the gears for the odometer had grease on them which was almost like wax(probably dried grease after 60 plus years). Just curious if anyone has a old speedo repair manual which states the proper type of lubes to be used and where. I just want to ensure that I am using the proper stuff and not creating problems for myself later on.
Thanks
Dave


1966 Chevrolet Caprice 2 Door Hardtop (396 Big Block)
1951 GMC 9434 5 Window (waiting on a 292 transplant)
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263

Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 57
5
'Bolter
'Bolter
5 Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 57
DADS50,
Thanks this is exactly what I was looking for. I had searched through that website but must have missed it.
Thanks again.
Dave


1966 Chevrolet Caprice 2 Door Hardtop (396 Big Block)
1951 GMC 9434 5 Window (waiting on a 292 transplant)

Moderated by  ndkid275, Phak1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0