The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 155 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,110
Posts1,056,241
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#110331 11/18/2001 2:27 AM
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,438
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,438
I was wondering how this would hold up. I would think pretty well. But if it did get scratched or damaged, how do you redo powder coat? Just looking for a more forgiving finish than regular paint. TIA for your comments.


40 Chevy 1/2 ton
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 11
O
Junior Member
Junior Member
O Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 11
If "shiny" is not important, why not try that roll on bedliner stuff, i.e. Rhinoliner. Saw a picture in a rodding magazine where a guy had used the stuff on the top surface of the running boards over shiny paint on the sides. Looked good and should be very servicable. I understand you can recoat the bedliner stuff easily if it gets skinned up.

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 45
O
Member
Member
O Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 45
I thought the same thing. I had a set powdercoated for 80.00 dollars. They
were scratched terrible in a week. I took
them off and went back to the powdercoater.
He re blasted them and called his supplier.
The supplier recommended a heavier duty
powder with a matt finish. had them re-powder
coated ,still didnt last a week. If I do them
again I am gonna have them sprayed with the
rubberized pick-up box liner like Rhino
coating. I have seen this at the shows and it looks good.,but I dont know if it will hold up or if they dont step on them ??
Mike

#110334 11/18/2001 12:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I sand blasted a set, epoxy primered and then did a dark gray metallic Imron with clear coat. Stepped on them all the time (as did all my buddies!) never had a problem with scratching them up. Looked good for years after painting.

Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,438
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,438
Thanks for the replys. I think I'll to some kind of paint. I'm pretty happy with Hammerite that I used on the suspension pieces as things were replace. Pretty durable and cheap. Maybe I'll give that a whirl. Hey, thanks again.
Dennis


40 Chevy 1/2 ton

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0