The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (moparguy, 1955 1 Series), 93 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,115
Posts1,056,292
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1102957 05/16/2015 1:14 AM
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 5
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 5
I am new to this forum. I am trying to get my 46 chevy 3/4 ton pickup running. The water pump is shot and I would like to get a replacement. My harmonic balancer pulley has a 3/8 groove, and the the generator pulley is also 3/8. The water pump has a 5/8 pulley. All of the replacement water pumps I see online have 5/8 pulley. Can I run this setup with a 3/8 belt? Can I get a 3/8 pulley on a water pump that will fit this engine? I really do not want to change the harmonic balancer. Thanks for your expertise.

Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,707
W
back yard wrench turner
back yard wrench turner
W Offline
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,707
Welcome to the stovebolt.

I had the same issue. The replacement pump was the wrong size. I changed the pulley from the old water pump to the new one.

Last edited by Wayne67vert; 05/16/2015 11:38 AM.

Wayne
1938 1-Ton Farm Truck
Stovebolt Gallery Forums
1989 Silverado
1996 Mustang GT convertible
When I die, I hope she doesn't sell everything for what I told her I paid for it!

Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,337
P
'Bolter
'Bolter
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2001
Posts: 5,337
If you order a 1953-54 pump it should come with a 3/8" pulley.


See the USA in your vintage Chevrolet!
My Blog
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 5
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 5
Thank you for the help


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0