The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (49nut, Otto Skorzeny), 84 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,087
Posts1,056,337
Members48,442
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 21
J
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 21
I cannot crank this truck. I am going nuts. If I switch the plug wires, it pops and spits like crazy, but when I set them in the correct order, I get nothing. I have replaced the coil, plugs, wires, rotor, cap, points, and even tried ether. I have gone through the timing routine too many times to count now. Every mechanic I know has been here to show me how it is done, and gone home with a sad face. Anyone got any ideas? I think I am going to pull down the road next.

It has a P 7R Tillotson which has a brass handled needle valve that looks out of place. I took the carb down to its components (it was as clean as a new whistle). Fuel pump works (clean it daily). Spark is present, no air restriction, and I had a puddle of gas in the bottom of the intake when I took the carb off.

ARRG!!!

Jim

Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,544
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,544
sounds like you could have some stuck valves

Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,825
H
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
Kettle Custodian (pot stirrer)
H Offline
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 29,825
What's the compression pressure? If it's got gas. spark, and compression, it's almost got to be a spark timing issue. Check your private messages.
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 21
J
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 21
It was out of gas. Stupid me. I am so embarrassed.

Jim

Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 565
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 565


"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just leave me alone, you're starting to freak me out."

1957 GMC 150
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 21
J
New Guy
New Guy
J Offline
Joined: Apr 2015
Posts: 21
Oh, the inhumanity!

Jim


Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0