| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,094 Posts1,056,155 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2015 Posts: 16 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Apr 2015 Posts: 16 | For my 1948 3600 truck I'm trying to figure out what to use to get power steering and how to use it. There is not a lot out there for 3600 trucks. I would like to keep the truck as original as possible, so keep original steering wheel and no huge changes to the truck, but still enjoy an upgraded steering. Any suggestions on the how and what would be very welcome. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 2,832 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Apr 2005 Posts: 2,832 | Do a search on using the Toyota 4wd power steering box on an AD truck. Lots of articles and it is by far the easiest conversion to do. I have used them on anything with a straight axle and a straight ahead drag link, like an AD Chevy or 64 and older Ford.
Evan
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 75 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2005 Posts: 75 | Toyota boxes are getting hard to find. CPP was designing their own, but I don't. Know if it's avaible yet. | | | | | Joined: Apr 2015 Posts: 16 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Apr 2015 Posts: 16 | Thanks for the suggestion.
I took al look at the power steering assist kit from CCP because it leaves the truck almost unchanged. Saw some good and bad reviews. But, doesn't matter, tried to order it in September 2014 and up till now CCP can't deliver. They are having some problems with soucing valves. And now I'm not sure if such an assist kit is the best way to go.
Finding a Toyota 4WD power steering is easy here. Finding parts for a Chevy 3600 from 1948 is difficult. I'm living in The Netherlands.
Will start a search to find a clear article on how to use power steering of a Toyota on a 3600.
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 206 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Dec 2006 Posts: 206 | | | | | | Joined: Apr 2015 Posts: 16 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Apr 2015 Posts: 16 | Yep, that's what I'm looking for. It's a bit similar to the CPP power steering assist kit. Very helpfull links.
by the way, sorry for the late reply but you know, work, holidays.
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2013 Posts: 54 Wrench Fetcher | | Wrench Fetcher Joined: Dec 2013 Posts: 54 | thoroco, I can't seem to find it on the web page.
Tim | | |
| |
| |