| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,126 Posts1,056,354 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Dec 2013 Posts: 14 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Dec 2013 Posts: 14 | Hey guys, Here is the bell housing I've got in my truck connecting a '58 235 to a '58 3 speed/OD trans. See photo in link: BELLHOUSING PHOTO Does this type of bell housing take a cover on the bottom? To protect the bottom of the fly wheel I assume... Mine didn't come with one when I bought the motor and bell housing, but I looked under my friend's Fleetline and he had some sort of cover under his.
Building a '50 Panel 3100
| | | | | Joined: Oct 2012 Posts: 57 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2012 Posts: 57 | yes it should have a cover.. they had several different types through the years..i am not sure which you need .. if you figure out what type you need and dont have one i have several different types for sale.. | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | Two pieces of sheet metal serve as covers in 1954. One vertical piece/cover and one bottom piece/cover. They get installed in that order. The stove-bolt screws for the bottom piece can be reached with a screw driver that goes up through a hole in the frame cross-member (on each side).
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2013 Posts: 14 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Dec 2013 Posts: 14 | Okay cool. Well, the bell housing I have is in the link that says "bell housing photo" in my last post.
I believe it is 1954. Not really sure which type it would take but if you have something you think may fit, let me know.
Building a '50 Panel 3100
| | | | | Joined: Dec 2013 Posts: 14 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Dec 2013 Posts: 14 | Two pieces of sheet metal serve as covers in 1954. One vertical piece/cover and one bottom piece/cover. They get installed in that order. The stove-bolt screws for the bottom piece can be reached with a screw driver that goes up through a hole in the frame cross-member (on each side). Sweet! Is there any way you could send me a photo for reference? That way I'd know what I'm looking for or I could just fabricate something to work like it. Thanks!
Building a '50 Panel 3100
| | |
| |
| |