| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (Bill Hanlon, Gdads51, Hugh63c10, moparguy, 32Fordpuchoptop, Hanks custodian, 1 invisible),
182
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,114 Posts1,056,283 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 208 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2004 Posts: 208 | I'll be picking up a 1955 1 ton pickup with a 265 motor. I don't know much about it yet because I haven't gotten it home yet. I haven't had any experience with anything this new. Are these trucks mechanically like the 47-54? What about the 265 motor? | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | Bart,
The 1955 second series Chevrolet truck, the Task Force series, is a completely new body style. Mechanically, if you had a 235/261, the mechanics would be similar to 1955-1st Advance Design truck. Electrically, it would be 12v; the 55-1st and earlier were 6v.
I am less than ignorant about the 265 or any "small block" Chevy V-8 motor.
I bet that reasons for swapping in any later small block could be argued, base on each later motor being an incremental improvement.
In my simple world, the irrefutable value of the 1955 265 is that it is THE first "small block" V-8.
| | |
| |
| |