The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Peggy M), 95 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,101
Posts1,056,182
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1096312 04/09/2015 1:28 AM
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 208
B
'Bolter
'Bolter
B Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 208
I'll be picking up a 1955 1 ton pickup with a 265 motor. I don't know much about it yet because I haven't gotten it home yet. I haven't had any experience with anything this new. Are these trucks mechanically like the 47-54? What about the 265 motor?


1956 Chevy 3600
“Maynard”
In the DITY Gallery
More pictures on Flickr

Bart #1096318 04/09/2015 1:56 AM
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bart,

The 1955 second series Chevrolet truck, the Task Force series, is a completely new body style. Mechanically, if you had a 235/261, the mechanics would be similar to 1955-1st Advance Design truck. Electrically, it would be 12v; the 55-1st and earlier were 6v.

I am less than ignorant about the 265 or any "small block" Chevy V-8 motor.

I bet that reasons for swapping in any later small block could be argued, base on each later motor being an incremental improvement.

In my simple world, the irrefutable value of the 1955 265 is that it is THE first "small block" V-8.


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0