| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
2 members (Gdads51, 68ironhead),
174
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,110 Posts1,056,251 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2012 Posts: 94 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Oct 2012 Posts: 94 | So I know most everyone here says a 15" steering wheel with a stock box is no good. I have to disagree. Drives great and I really cant tell the difference. Seems fine. I'm sure parking might take a little more effort, but turning into garages seems the same. On the road bump steer in not there, even though it was ok before. I wanted the original look because of the horn button. A friend has an extra 53 wheel so I could save mine in case. Here's how it looks... http://www.fiftee6.com/steering%20wheel/
Last edited by fiftee3; 03/29/2015 11:25 PM.
Phil
| | | | | Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,280 Renaissance Man | | Renaissance Man Joined: Mar 2010 Posts: 10,280 | It would definitely be the bee's knees for a power steering rig.
1952 5-window - return to "as built" condition | 1950 3100 with a 235 and a T-5 transmission
| | | | | Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,983 Sir Searchalot | | Sir Searchalot Joined: May 2005 Posts: 8,983 | It's all in your mind. The shorter the lever arm, the more torque must be applied. However, a very job, you did nice, said Yoda.
Bee's knees? Ah, those good old roaring twenties.
Right is right, even if everyone is against it, and wrong is wrong, even if everyone is for it. - William Penn | | | | | Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Sep 2006 Posts: 2,393 | A lot of good effort. Nice.
Drew
| | |
| |
| |