The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (ronsway, Jon G, TUTS 59, 78buckshot), 96 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,095
Posts1,056,480
Members48,444
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 379
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 379
I can't find zero-rust prep step, which is supposed to adjust the ph on metal parts for best paint adhesion. I have used vinegar to wipe down galvanized duct before painting with good luck. Would this be okay if I follow up with a damp clean wipe down? I have a lot of engine parts and suspension stuff cleaned up after hot tanking them, but am concerned about possible caustic influence on the ph of the metal. Help! :confused:

Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 164
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 164
Splash,
Email me off list at [email protected] or call me at 800-725-4960 and We can work how how to get you some shipped.

Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,841
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,841
Splashoil,
Bruce is de man....


Craig

My '50 Chevy 3100 5 window, '62-235cu, 3:55 rear
My truck ....... Respect The Rust
If I'm not working on my truck, '65 m00stang or VW camper, I'm fishing with the wife or smoking Salmon.
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 164
B
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
B Offline
Joined: Feb 2001
Posts: 164
Splash,
Did you get the samples? Should be enough to do 3 gallons of solution. When used in a spray bottle, it should do everything you need to do and wash the neighbor's dog........ Bruce Palmer
[email protected]

Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 379
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Jun 2001
Posts: 379
Sure got 'em Bruce! Parts washed and painted. I was very happy with the effect on the stuff I had cleaned up. I'll be using a lot of the prep step as things progress. Thanks for helping me keep a little momentum! Will be in touch. grin


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0