The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Paul Mullen), 99 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,089
Posts1,056,141
Members48,436
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#109272 01/17/2004 4:50 PM
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 182
R
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 182
I finally got some "finished" pictures of my 52. Instead of posting them here, please click on the link below.
My father passed away last week. I found him.
I didn't get to take him for a ride in the truck...I was looking forward to that.

Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 687
P
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
P Offline
Joined: Jan 2003
Posts: 687
Russ: Very sorry to hear about your father, especially under those crcumstances. I KNOW you wanted to get your truck done so he could take a ride with you. Don't worry every time you get in it he will be there. Ben The Truth is Out There (Nice Truck you should be proud and I'll guarentee dad is too)

Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,839
C
'Bolter
'Bolter
C Offline
Joined: Jan 2002
Posts: 2,839
Russ,
I am deeply sadden to hear about your dad. He would be extremely proud of what you have done to the truck. Do this, take your favorite picture of him, put it on the seat next to you and take a spin out in the country. He'd like that.

Of less importance, you should be very proud of your truck. Nice job.

Craig


Craig

My '50 Chevy 3100 5 window, '62-235cu, 3:55 rear
My truck ....... Respect The Rust
If I'm not working on my truck, '65 m00stang or VW camper, I'm fishing with the wife or smoking Salmon.
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 182
R
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 182
Thanks.

Joined: May 2003
Posts: 213
J
'Bolter
'Bolter
J Offline
Joined: May 2003
Posts: 213
Russ,

I lost mine right after 9-11. I still miss him a bunch. That's a hurt that goes pretty deep. I started a 53 to keep as a reminder of him ( we had a 52 that looked like yours but nowhere near as beautiful). Dad was an excellent resource on the old Chevys, so I also lost the best mechanic I ever knew. I can hear his voice most times I get near the truck.

I'm sure he's proud of you and the truck. May a part of him ride with you always.

With my deepest sympathy,

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 208
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 208
Russntustin, even though we don't know each other, you have my sympathy. I was very close to my father and just like Jake53, my father died only ten days after 911.
There's not a day that goes by that I don't think of my father.
There's not much more I can say, except, hang in there!
Jacques


Union, Justice and Confidence
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 182
R
Wrench Fetcher
Wrench Fetcher
R Offline
Joined: Nov 2001
Posts: 182
Thanks to all of you....really, it means alot. I actually washed my truck yesterday. First time I've even spent with it for over two weeks.
Thanks again.


Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0