The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
4 members (TooMany2count, 68ironhead, Gdads51, Otto Skorzeny), 145 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,110
Posts1,056,251
Members48,437
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 5
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 5
looking to find the source of who was reproducing the Wayne valve covers and side covers. I know patricks was selling them but i would like to get in touch with the person who was producing them. Does anybody know who this guy is?


Chevsofthe40s.com
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 42
X
'Bolter
'Bolter
X Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 42
I don't know who makes them, but a guy on the HAMB told me that he knows the manufacturer, and that there will not be any more made according to the manufacturer.

That said, Patrick's will take your $$$'s for a Wayne set, but you will be waiting a very long time, possibly for nothing. I myself waited almost 2 years before I finally pulled the plug on that.

I did get a full refund from Patricks though!


Daryl
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 5
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 5
i know all too well about patricks and wil not go that route. I wanted to get in touch with the person who was making them to see if the tooling was avalible for purchase and or what it will take to make a new production run. do you remember the name on the HAMB?


Chevsofthe40s.com
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 42
X
'Bolter
'Bolter
X Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 42
I was wrong, it was said by 'Brokenhead' here on Stovebolt. You might try a PM to him from this thread you replied to recently.

https://www.stovebolt.com/ubbthread...in=138381&Number=1044162#Post1044162


Daryl
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 42
X
'Bolter
'Bolter
X Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 42
SIXXPACK.... Tried to PM you, no go. Any luck figuring this out from 'Brokenhead'?

By the way, my apologies for missing the 'Chevsofthe40's' signature on your original post, now I know what you're trying to accomplish. Thanks!

Last edited by X-Farmboy; 03/29/2015 4:32 PM.

Daryl
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Mar 2004
Posts: 6,214
You can't PM SIXXPACK until he has over 5 posts (I think that's the magic number)...he's still on probation. So he needs to say "Hi" a couple times and his probation will be lifted.

Mike B smile


Mike Boteler

1956 Chevy 3100 Resto Rod
1952 Willys M38 Army Jeep
1983 Jeep CJ7 Laredo
1984 Jeep CJ7
+++++
Silver Spring, MD
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 42
X
'Bolter
'Bolter
X Offline
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 42
I was thinking it was because of something like that Mike. I hope SIXXPACK is able get some more Wayne sets cast someday.

As for myself, I'm not interested in shiny chrome, but wanted something other than a painted valve cover for the hopped-up 235 in my '46. So what I did was buy a chrome steel cover set and sanded the chrome with a 120 grit sanding sponge, then perfected the finish with a brown ScotchBrite pad to make it match the stainless steel air cleaners I have. It looks great and added an antique look to it until I can find a cast aluminum cover for a reasonable price.


Daryl
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 5
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 5
hi guys. sorry for the delay. I have been busy. i have not had any luck with Broken head. I will try again.


Chevsofthe40s.com
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 5
S
New Guy
New Guy
S Offline
Joined: Mar 2015
Posts: 5
hi again. maybe 5 is the magic number.


Chevsofthe40s.com

Moderated by  Phak1, Woogeroo 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0