The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
2 members (TS3600, 55shaker), 86 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,140
Posts1,056,467
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 24
J
Junior Member
Junior Member
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 24
There are probably two dozen '66 trucks within 300 yards of my house, but none of them, including mine, have any trace of the under-bed
mounting brackets. What did they look like?


The money I save as a mechanic, I spend on medical bills!
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
I used one from a 69, looks just like the one under the 87 I had, simple two-bolt strap-type carrier. Sorry I have no pics. Brian


My \'64\'s in the Gallery
Pictures in my Photobucket
1964 C10 Custom Cab 350/700R4
1964 Suburban 350/700R4
1979 Ford F350 4x4 400/c6
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 24
J
Junior Member
Junior Member
J Offline
Joined: Feb 2003
Posts: 24
I hope someone can post a picture. I don't see any obvious connection points on the underside frame. The center joist(?) has three 5/16-3/8 holes in it (with a bolt with an empty crimp lug in the middle hole - maybe it was a ground?).


The money I save as a mechanic, I spend on medical bills!
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
S
'Bolter
'Bolter
S Offline
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,549
JimG, I have a '66 C10 longbed Fleetside that's all original with only 14000 original miles.It still has the Orig. U.S Royal, bias ply spare tire, & it's mounted in a standing position, inside the bed, up against the (right side) inner bedside. It has a Factory looking stand with a threaded stud for the tire to bolt onto. There's nothing under the bed.


Spanky Hardy
Collector Of Fine Old G.M. COE Trucks & Antique Holmes Wreckers

1948 Chevrolet 5700 COE Holmes HD W35 Wrecker
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures on Photobucket

1950 GMC 250 1-Ton
In the Stovebolt Gallery
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
6
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
6 Offline
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 2,384
Both in bed & under bed carriers were available. No obvious signs under truck because they use holes already drilled in the frame, one bolt on each framerail. Carrier mounts at an angle, pass side is near the bumper. See if you can find a 73-87 to look at, I have no clue how to post pics.


My \'64\'s in the Gallery
Pictures in my Photobucket
1964 C10 Custom Cab 350/700R4
1964 Suburban 350/700R4
1979 Ford F350 4x4 400/c6

Moderated by  klhansen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0