The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 92 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,116
Posts1,056,641
Members48,450
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1088207 02/27/2015 5:49 AM
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 142
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 142
So I bought what I thought was an nos rear fender for my 39 1/2 ton jc truck.well I go to put it on and it didn't fit.the part where it bolts to the running board is way of and more narrow than what I have on there now.any ideas as to what it might be from.it looks exactly the same as the 39 but the fit is off.all help is welcome.

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,393
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,393
A lot of time it's just a matter of adjustment. Hopefully there is a little play in the fender mount holes. I would loosen the running board. Over time body parts just shift and possibly even the frame is slightly out of whack which would mean body panels are too. It doesn't take much shift to transfer into alignment problems. Fitting panels and fenders takes patience and trial and error.


Drew
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,438
D
'Bolter
'Bolter
D Offline
Joined: Aug 2000
Posts: 1,438
Maybe the fender is a '40-46? If I remember right the fenders got narrower in '40 when the bed got wider.

Dennis


40 Chevy 1/2 ton
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 142
W
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
W Offline
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 142
soo sorry i meant front fender not rear.


Moderated by  Gdads51 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0