The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
3 members (GRNHydra, rfs56trk, Ole49GMC), 152 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,076
Posts1,056,280
Members48,441
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1078785 01/12/2015 4:06 AM
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 210
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 210
Hey guys,
How much headache would it be to swap my 46 4-Speed Crash Box for a 50's SM420? I have access to a SM420 and would really like to get rid of the old Trans next summer. What is the model number for my 46 4-Speed? I've looked and looked and the model number has alluded me. My truck is a 1.5 ton.

Thanks

Last edited by Lend-Lease 1.5; 01/12/2015 4:06 AM.
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 210
L
'Bolter
'Bolter
L Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 210
Ok, I know I should have searched first, shame on me! I'll call Carters tomorrow and ask Jimmy if they still have modified bellhousings for a SM420 in a 46 1.5. Does anyone know off hand how much the front shaft must be shortened?

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 242
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 242
Call me I can help you about changing your 4 speed trans. 1-262-392-2989

Marv.

Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 242
M
'Bolter
'Bolter
M Offline
Joined: Apr 2005
Posts: 242
Check out Tired Of Double Clutching??????? in the Driveline Forum

Marv.


Moderated by  69Cuda, Super55 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0