| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (52Carl, Wayne67vert, 53 green 1- ton, Otto Skorzeny, 78buckshot, DadsFirstPickup, greenie-reddy),
67
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,130 Posts1,056,713 Members48,454 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 1,123 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 1,123 | In prepping parts for paint, the door mechanisms, the windows etc were removed and cleaned. Found were springs for each door about half dollar in diameter laying away from where they would have been used. In checking parts cats, it appears these were anti-droop springs. In looking at the other parts I am unable to figure how and where these would have been attached originally. Both will be replaced with new. I'd like to figure this out before painting, just in case there is something else needed that would cause "gloom, despair and agony on me", later Anyone have pics to share showing the entire assembly for a '46? Thanks! | | | | | Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 1,321 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Jul 2008 Posts: 1,321 |
Harold Is a restoration ever finished? | | | | | Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 1,123 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 1,123 | Thanks guys between the two batches of photos and the remnants of springs found, I think I was headed for a problem. I'll order the replacement springs. Here are the spring pieces And here is the latch
Last edited by 46Sparky; 02/03/2015 8:05 PM.
| | | | | Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 1,123 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 1,123 | Follow up GW Wirth has a group of really good photos showing the latch detail in his Photobucket collection. I should have looked there earlier. | | |
| |
| |