The Stovebolt.com Forums Home | Tech Tips | Gallery | FAQ | Events | Features | Search
Help is a click away!

VEHICLE
INFORMATION
KITS


at the

GM Heritage Center
All the details are here.

Searching the Site - a click away
click here to search
New here ??? Where to start?
Click on image for the lowdown. Where do I go around here?
====
Who's Online Now
1 members (Jon G), 136 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics128,124
Posts1,056,334
Members48,439
Most Online14,466
Apr 26th, 2026
Step-by-step instructions for pictures in the forums
Brad Allen's photos

AD Chevy Trucks

Pictures galore
Over 6,000 pictures

Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips.

Check them out!

Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!

Big Thanks!

THANKS!

For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for

over 30 years!

and not clogged down
with Ads!


Again, thanks!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 74
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 74
Hi Guys. I have gone through two after market gas gauges for my 12v 54 and I'm sure some of the problems with them were my fault but as I have tried to fix them I can see they are pretty cheaply made. Does anyone have a recommendation for where to buy a high quality gauge?

Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Bubba - Curmudgeon
Joined: Sep 2001
Posts: 29,269

Post in the Parts Wanted forum.
And, look on eBay for new/used 54/55 fuel gauge.

Be sure to connect the power lead to the post behind "E"/Empty (+ lead, if Chevrolet). You will quickly fry the gauge is you connect the power lead to the post behind "F"/Full.

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
D
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
D Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,263
Originally Posted by StephenB
I have gone through two after market gas gauges for my 12v 54

are these replacements for your cluster, or under dash?

Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 74
S
Shop Shark
Shop Shark
S Offline
Joined: Apr 2013
Posts: 74
for the cluster. I'm sure I have fried one of the gauges. I have one that is out of the cluster to bench test but I'm not sure where the ground lead from the ohmmeter goes.


Moderated by  Jon G, Rusty Rod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | FAQ | Gallery | Tech Tips | Events | Features | Search | Hoo-Ya Shop
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.0