| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (1 invisible),
103
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,117 Posts1,056,298 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Apr 2013 Posts: 74 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2013 Posts: 74 | Hi Guys. I have gone through two after market gas gauges for my 12v 54 and I'm sure some of the problems with them were my fault but as I have tried to fix them I can see they are pretty cheaply made. Does anyone have a recommendation for where to buy a high quality gauge? | | | | | Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 Bubba - Curmudgeon | | Bubba - Curmudgeon Joined: Sep 2001 Posts: 29,269 | Post in the Parts Wanted forum. And, look on eBay for new/used 54/55 fuel gauge.
Be sure to connect the power lead to the post behind "E"/Empty (+ lead, if Chevrolet). You will quickly fry the gauge is you connect the power lead to the post behind "F"/Full.
| | | | | Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2010 Posts: 4,263 | I have gone through two after market gas gauges for my 12v 54 are these replacements for your cluster, or under dash? | | | | | Joined: Apr 2013 Posts: 74 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Apr 2013 Posts: 74 | for the cluster. I'm sure I have fried one of the gauges. I have one that is out of the cluster to bench test but I'm not sure where the ground lead from the ohmmeter goes. | | |
| |
| |